- Nestmate for Increased Ventilation (see photo)
- Rubber feet for stability
- Additional magnet underneath for super-tight hold
- Optional removable/movable decor (stone and wood) (see photo)
Watch the following short video on the assembly of your Talus (Modular version). We will post video updates from time to time so please subscribe to our YouTube channel!
What does the Talus come with?
Small bag of substrate for the floor (your choice), Silicone Plug, Container, Lid for container, Nest block, magnet, and feeding dish
The Talus, (Modular version):
1. The substrate flooring is now where the ants forage.
2. One strong magnet holds the nest in place from below the Talus. In the photos and video you will see two smaller magnets that are no longer used and the new setup is preferable using only one magnet underneath.
- Founding Chambers made with three types of substrate (choice in drop-down menu below) and sized to the species you plan on keeping (also drop-down menu choice).
- Water Towers for hydration are positioned inside the Talus Chamber and fillable via hydration tube on the outside of the formicarium (watch the video above for demonstration of this).
- Stainless steel mesh ventilation on the lid
- Friction fitting lid to contain even the tiniest of species.
***Please NOTE! This formicarium, like all of our other formicaria, are hand-made-to-order. Planning, preparation, and a lot of care go into every single formicaria, every single order. We strive to get your orders completed as soon as we can but as volume of orders picks up during the busy seasons (November, December and May to September) we cannot meet our normal quoted shipping times. Please order in advance if possible to give us time to get your formicaria shipped in time to meet your needs. Most small formicaria (founding formicaria plus some like the Casita, Piece of Haven etc.) are shipped within 7-10 days (some much sooner!) while other larger formicaria such as the Pioneer and Pinnacle take 2-3 weeks or longer when our volume is heaviest. If you have a need for fast delivery we offer you to take advantage of the expediting service and email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about this option.