Pioneer (Custom 2)
$ 250.00 $ 275.00
is back-ordered. We will ship it separately in 10 to 15 days.
Click here for more information on the Pioneer Formicarium.
Your purchasing the product depicted in the photos accompanying this product page. It has the following features:
- Desert Mountain Decor
- Medium/Large Tunnels
- Stalactite Decor
- Museum Glass Optional (Standard glass comes standard)(+$75)
- Dimenions: 15" x 3.5" x 3.5" Nest and Foraging Area
- Top-mounted foraging area for a more realistic approach to ants foraging
- Removable vent optional
- Two Water Towers for humidity control
- 2 Nestmates
- Paint and high gloss finished for durability and moisture retention
- One-of-a-kind hand-molded nest chambers using methods developed in house for molding sand-coated chambers
Brief Q&A that may explain some options for this formicarium:
- What's the difference with Museum glass?
Second side: The second side of the Pioneer nest adds an additional side to the opposite "main" viewing side. This is the same size but of course a different design but similar to the main side. This side also comes with magnets and glass attached.
- What does add a second side mean...glass on back?
Expandable nest? YES! The Pioneer comes with a side port that is 1/2" (13mm) diameter. You can attach tubing to this port and connect other habitats.
- Are they expandable...so if my colony is successful, can a second Pioneer be attached by tubing port(s)?