Formica subsericea Queen and Colony and Mini Hearth Formicarium Bundle (1st year)
is back-ordered. We will ship it separately in 10 to 15 days.
See the listing for Formica subsericea for more information about this ant species. Click here for that listing.
Where can Tar Heel Ants ship Formica subsericea (Black Field Ants)?
Tar Heel Ants can ship Formica subsericea to the following states in the U.S.A: (we have proper permits from the U.S.D.A. for all of these states and a copy of this permit and additional information will accompany each shipment).
Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming.
What comes with the purchase of a Formica subsericea Queen and Colony (1st year) Bundle Package?
- Mini Hearth Formicarium (please detail out all requests for this Mini Hearth in the comments section during checkout or email to email@example.com)
- Queen, 4-6 workers, and brood. At this time (February 2021) brood piles consist of eggs and small larvae.
- Care Sheet
- Ants Shipped Inside Genesis Test Tube Insert For Protection During Shipping.
- Heat Packs or Ice Packs Are Included When Necessary. (optional, please choose from options if you feel your location will require this for safe arrivial).
- Options Chosen During Checkout Can Alter The Included List
Recommended Products Related to Formica subserica:
Mini Hearth formicarium (or you can customize your own here)
Fortress Formicarium (or customize your own here)
Fallen Fortress Formicarium (or customize your own here)
Accessories: Test Tube Adapater, 3/8" tubing, Featherweight Forceps, The Complete Ant Juice, Liquid Feeders. Heating Cable optional.
NOTE: Other than Pogonomyrmex occidentalis, proper permits must be obtained from the U.S.D.A. to ship all reproductive ants across state lines (which we have obtained, so ordering from us here is legal as long as you are receiving them in these states and following the rules of the permit). Breaking the terms of the permit (such as moving the ants outside of the state they are shipped to) can subject that person to penalties set forth by the USDA.
Videos of Formica subsericea: