******This product comes with a Mini Hearth Formicarium. The Mini Hearth comes standard size by default with standard glass and either a grey or beige color with white sand decor for the foraging area. For upgrades to these options to XL Size or Museum Glass please email email@example.com. *****
Click here for more information on the Pioneer Formicarium.
Your purchasing the product depicted in the photos accompanying this product page. It has the following features:
- Grassland Decor
- Small/Medium Tunnels and Chambers
- Stalactite Decor
- Dimenions: 15" x 3.5" x 3.5" Nest and Foraging Area
- Removable vent (optional)
- Museum Glass (optional)
- 2 Water Towers for humidity control
- 2 Nestmates
- Dark Blue Side Panels
Brief Q&A that may explain some options for this formicarium:
- What's the difference with Museum glass?
Museum Glass gives a 95% glare reduction versus standard glass. It is also called "invisible glass" and is purely a cosmetic option for our viewing. It is money well spent if you plan on doing many videos and/or photos.
- What does add a second side mean...glass on back?
Second side: The second side of the Pioneer nest adds an additional side to the opposite "main" viewing side. This is the same size but of course a different design but similar to the main side. This side also comes with magnets and glass attached.
- Are they expandable...so if my colony is successful, can a second Pioneer be attached by tubing port(s)?
Expandable nest? YES! The Pioneer comes with a side port that is 1/2" (13mm) diameter. You can attach tubing to this port and connect other habitats. Additional Pots can be added by request.