The Mini Hearth (Type I) is a founding formicarium from Tar Heel Ants. This formicarium is intended for either single queens or small colonies to raise young (or small) ant colonies.
Using the original Mini Hearth (Type II still available here) we have substituted Ytong for the Type II material and added some additional features:
- Gravity Well
- Ytong Carved
- Sand coated chambers
- 3/8" Connection Port
- Choice of Colors (Interior and Exterior)
- Foraging Area w/choice of substrate (white sand, brown sand, vermiculite)
- Magnetically Connected Foraging Area
Additional Features (Optional):
- Top Expansion Panel (magnetically removable glass)
- Museum Glass or Standard Glass
- Nestmate (What is a nestmate? Watch video)
- Foraging Area Decor
Video coming soon!
***This formicarium takes between 10-14 business days to complete once ordered. All of our formicaria are handmade-to-order. Our busiest periods during the year are from May to August and November and December. During these months the times for completion will likely be much longer than normal. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about order times and completion dates. We will respond to these requests as quickly as possible. We try to stock our "Immediate Shipping Page" with several available products that are premade. Please check this page if you need something faster than our quoted shipping times.*****