***Updated for 2017!!***
The Mini Hearth is a founding formicarium created by Tar Heel Ants.
- Removable glass - Museum Glass optional
- Detachable foraging area
- Large Water tower (15ml capacity)
- Optional Foraging Area Placement Side or Top Positioned (drop-down menu)
- Sand-coated interior chamber (using our proprietary method found in all Type II formicaria)
- Golde-brown or White Sand optional for interior
- Painted exterior
- Stalagtite decor on chamber celing
- 3/8" Side connection port
- Foraging Area Decor Optional
- Nestmates Optional ( Watch nestmate video)
- Dimensions approximately 3.5" x 1.75" x 2"
Watch this short video clip of a Solenopsis invicta colony in an old-style Mini Hearth that has outgrown formicarium...
What comes with a Mini Hearth?
Mini Hearth formicarium, stopper for connection port, blunt-tipped syringe for hydration and PDF user guide and instructions.
*Camponotus chromaiodes queen and her 1 year-old founding colony
****Each Mini Hearth takes 7-10 days (average) to complete before being shipped. We make everything to order, unless otherwise stated. Please note this time during our busy season can increase dramatically (up to 3 weeks sometimes). Please contact us at email@example.com for more details on completion and delivery times.
Customer-made Mini Hearth review video: